Mining Tools

mightyapu

Mining Tools

Post  mightyapu on Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Having obliterated a good dozen gem cutters in the process of mining no more than 3 outcrops of gems i'd like to see slightly more robust equipment available. I'm sure there would have been some degree of quality control in these lands, one cutter broke at the first swipe and with no apparent "returns department" in the crafting hall you could say i'm a little miffed.
    Olander
    Admin

Re: Mining Tools

Post  Olander on Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:43 am

I will lower the breakage roll percentage by 2%

Please note that this game's randomized rolls seems to follow patterns....which it shouldn't but sure seems like it.

For example....one of my characters broke 8 Gem Cutters and 4 Mining Picks in one Victoria Mine Raid....another Character still has yet to break any tool. Luck? Doubt it. Seems that when rolls go bad...they keep rolling bad for some reason.

Lowering the breakage by 2% is the best I can do.

mightyapu

Post  mightyapu on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:02 pm

I experienced the same today. Went through 4 in the space of a few minutes, and then spent the next 30 mins gouging away with the same one.

Any improvements are appreciated, and thank you for taking the time.
    holty

My two Bob.

Post  holty on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:01 pm

A surgestion.
    Have the axe have x amount of health like equipment does now.
    As the weapon does damage subtract the amount from x above. Destroyed when worn out or can be repaired.

Dont know if it will work but it will be consistant.
    Olander
    Admin

Post  Olander on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:14 am

Actually....we want a Coin Sink. Crafting Tools are one of those Coin Sinks. There are many others too but the same can be said about those. We want players to have to spend coin....that was a major complaint on my other servers....low levels struggled.....higher levels just had mass quantities of coin to buy whatever they wanted.

Not anymore....there are so many places to spend coin now....sorry....Craftin Tools are part of the Mix.

By the way You have to roll a D100 < 3 to Break a Craftin Tool. So...that means only a 1 or 2. Very low chance....but....happens.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:04 am