Summons and Companions.

holty

Summons and Companions.

Post  holty on Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:42 am

I have the ability to summon but have recently discovered that the type is dependen t on your lore skill. My lore skill is low as i put all of my points too few do i get to allocate to craft skills and for general use were needed. But I have a high Spell craft.

If the type is dependent on lore could it be made to accept the higher of lore/spellcraft.

I play a druid and as it is set up you cant take companions. I have just used an exploit to keep mine(dont tell O )
    I know that eventually pets will be introduced but I like my companions and use then greatly during gameplay.

Can we keep them but just bring them into line with Olanders toughness levels.

A compromise would be to remove the Druids summons and limit him to just his companion but have it crease proportionally as the character levels. (Yes im bias)

Holtys Two Bob.
    Olander
    Admin

Re: Summons and Companions.

Post  Olander on Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:18 am

Nope....Lore sticks.

Small explanation...because I like you folks to know. All classes get 4 Skill Points per Level + INT Mod. Since Wiz is not a class anymore...INT is not really used except Bard a bit. INT is tied into Lore heavily....they one in the same. The more Intelligent your character....the easier to learn and thus easier to read the more complicated spell patterns.

The Lore Based Summons is exactly that.....You have to read and understand how to mentally remember the various complexities of summoning the progressively stubborn/difficult summons. Takes a strong 'Will' to be able to command an Eagle to come to your aid (Animal Empathy excluded....touch based method).

The other thing is....we want a layered approach to Skill Points.....notice how many places you can spend those points now? You will not see many Rogue Save Skill Builds for instant 40 Tumble sine many Classes have Tumble as a Class Skill now....players need to be savvy about where those Skills go. This is all intentional and pretty much set in stone now.

So....Lore Book Summons stays as is.
    holty

Duration of Summons

Post  holty on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:04 am

I have been using summons quite a bit recently and i would like your input for the current duration.

1. The time seems to be constant not level dependant.

2. If you use a higher spell slot for a summons it should not use the lvl 1 summon but the highest avaliable. Is this a scripting issue.

3. Duration is too short my summons have a habit of unsummoning in the middle of a combat leaving me exposed. In the long term they may be more effective then a spell of said level but in the duration they currently have they are almost value less as I can cast an instant spell to do more immediate damage where as the summons is suppose to be a distraction and support.

Just Holys Two Bob.
    Olander
    Admin

Post  Olander on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:53 am

Not a scripting issue.

Each Summon requires 4 Lore....so....level 5 Summons requires 20 Lore. If you DO NOT have enough Lore....the Default Summons is 1. I explain in the Lore Book....it makes a player think WHAT Summons they will cast and when.

Timing....never depend upon a Summons for the duration of a fight. They are short duration but usually long enough to help out. The Higher the Summons the more damage/ac/etc they have.....but the duration is the same. The summons in my opinion work really well right now. Soon we will have our own pets which are Permanent and can help in Combat....however....when they die....you have to buy another.

The duration is explained in the LoA Spells and Summoning Journal Entry....those are the Official Rules.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:02 am